Come to work at one of the most recognized eCommerce agencies in North America! Our team employs powerful software that attracts brands such as Olympus, Ticketmaster, Metallica, and Le Creuset. Experience with such clients and our highly-skilled team will benefit your career no matter what path you choose. Some have gone on to found start-ups, others have enlisted at major companies like Google, Salesforce, and Disney, and many have blazed a trail at Blue Acorn. If you’re looking for your next challenge, take a look at the job posting below!
A Solutions Engineer works with online retailers to translate requirements into hours (usually in the thousands) to create a detailed and accurate look at the cost and scope of a project. As such, the Solutions Engineer is in charge of setting expectations and investigating requirements thoroughly. The ability to interpret the unique business values for each prospect, a strong ecommerce and technical vocabulary, and an analytical mindset are paramount to success. If you are a product owner, business analyst, technical salesperson, former developer, or eCommerce manager we encourage you to apply.
Responsibilities and duties
- You will report to the Head of Sales, with your primary involvement being a part of the sales process. Your goal is to thoroughly understand our clients’ needs and translate them into solutions for us to deliver.
- Starting a relationship with clear expectations is a critical component of building a successful relationship. Therefore, we’ll need you to be very thorough in gathering requirements and asking the “right questions” to expose any gray areas in the scope.
- Accurate estimates and timelines are a result of a clearly defined scope. You’ll need to gather the functional requirements from the client and turn them into technical requirements with input from the delivery team to ensure accuracy.
- At the end of the day, many of our solutions involve selling complex software, and as such, you will need to walk prospective clients through demonstrations of this software, as well as training them on how to use it.
Skills and qualifications
- You have deep experience working in a technical environment and are comfortable discussing technical concepts with both development resources as well as executives. We prefer 2+ years experience in eCommerce space.
- An attention to detail is something we value here greatly, so your prior work should be meticulous, thorough, and well presented.
- You’ve played the role of analyst between business owners and developers, and you are capable of translating information clearly between them.
What will impress us
- We deal exclusively in the eCommerce space, so if you’ve played in this backyard before, that experience would be beneficial.
- Any experience in project management and an understanding of the SDLC would be helpful for you to understand how our team operates.
- If you’ve ever been the “go to” expert for a particular piece of software. You’ll need to understand our solutions inside and out, so previous experience accomplishing that will be a big plus
- If you’ve ever developed on Wordpress, Magento, Shopify, Salesforce, or Demandware.
- Certifications in Magento, Salesforce, Google Analytics, or Shopify.