Blue Acorn iCi is the only digital consumer experience company combining analytics, eCommerce, content management, and full-service commerce operations. No other company brings together engineers, data scientists, retail experts, designers and strategists to create seamless, memorable and scalable customer experiences. Through our integrated capabilities and unparalleled expertise, Blue Acorn iCi makes content and commerce more effective for legacy brands and digital natives alike, including Le Creuset, Casper, Food Lion, Charter, Ticketmaster, and Panera. Join our incredible team as we successfully deliver extraordinary digital experiences. We are truly a one of a kind company!
We consider this a mid-level position and ideal for someone with web development experience looking to continue to learn and work in a fast-paced environment with our team of developers. A good candidate will exhibit an aptitude for grasping technical concepts, possess exceptional, logic-based problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and the ability to communicate effectively. We're looking for a logical thinking experienced technical resource to test internal coding and deliverables before they reach the client. This position is onsite in Charleston, SC.
Responsibilities and duties
- Creation of bug reports, and ensure bugs are properly documented and resolved
- Creating, running, and presenting manual and automation test plans to ensure development meets the needs of the client in the highest possible quality
- Contribute to the company knowledge base, and grow the QA process to the next level of success
- Automation of repetitive web testing activities to increase productivity and thoroughness of testing (ex. Selenium, Watir, etc.)
- Troubleshooting software errors identify potential causes through logic-based procedures
- Assist clients with understanding the features and functionality of eCommerce website administration, including managing various customer and product data
- Be a strong source of communication with developers on client needs and expectations on applications under development
- Coordinating and maintaining multiple test environments
- Working with multiple clients and projects concurrently.
Skills and qualifications
- Experience creating test plans, product specifications, feature requirements, or acceptance criteria for any type of web development
- Ability to logically think through problems
- Strong understanding of web technologies, websites, and web-based software
- The ability to grasp complex functional requests from clients and break them down into possible technical solutions
- Resourceful at using KBs, forums, and websites to investigate issues and problems
- Previous experience in a customer service or customer support role
- Effective writing and communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate details to both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work onsite in Charleston, SC
What will impress us
- Experience using version control systems such as Subversion or Git, which will help with developing automated tests, maintaining test environments, troubleshooting problems, and communicating with development team.
- Bulletproof skin
Employees enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, paid life insurance, paid long-term disability, paid time off, a generous 401k match, an annual paid volunteer day, dog-friendly workplace, team outings, and flexible schedules.